iPad App Closing On You?

Check here for the latest info on iGigBook
SiteAdmin
Site Admin

iPad App Closing On You?

Post by SiteAdmin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 am

A number of people have reported instances of iGigBook closing while viewing a chart and the device returning to the home screen without any user interaction. We've tried to reproduce this behavior using various iPad's (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2) and thus far have been unsuccessful in reproducing this problem, the battery usually exhausts before the app shuts down. We believe this may be an iOS problem, here are some steps you can try that may correct this issue. You don't have to do all of the things in this list, it is a list of successive things to do meaning if the first item doesn't work, try the next.
  • Shut down the app in the multitasking tray - Don't just try to start it again, remove it from the multitasking tray first.
  • Hard Restart - Remove all apps from the multitasking tray, hold the home and power key until the device shuts down and restarts.
  • Use the latest version of iGigBook and the latest version of iOS.
  • Restore your device - Backup your device first and then reset it to factory settings.
If you're having this problem, it would help us to help you if you provide as much information as possible.
  • iPad Model
  • What song from what PDF were you viewing when the app closed
  • Version of IOS and iGigBook
iGigBook - It's what the pros use.
Now Available For Android Tablets!

gbueltmann
iGigBook User

Post by gbueltmann » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:36 am

I am having this problem. It happens to me when I'm reading my unindexed scores from a set list. Typically it happens during the first song and is fine the rest of the set (about 15 songs typically). It is inconsistent. I'm using an iPad 2 version 8.1.3. iGigBook version 2.66.2. I am also using bluetooth to a pedal for page turning.

Obviously very frustrating. Thanks for addressing. I have not tried the hard reset so will do that and see if I have any luck.

Thanks.

jaelliott
iGigBook User

Post by jaelliott » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 am

I am having this problem a lot. It seems to mostly happen in Gig Set Viewer mode, but I cannot be sure it has not happened elsewhere.
  • iPad Model: Air (not 2), lots of spare memory.
    What song from what PDF were you viewing when the app closed: From multiple places, in My Set List which I have built from indexed PDFs and from discrete charts I have loaded. Sometimes, I can be using the excellent feature to listen to the song in the set list when iGB closes and the song keeps playing!
    Version of IOS and iGigBook: 8.1.3; 2.66.2
John

thesoundsmith
iGigBook User

Post by thesoundsmith » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:50 am

If the app closes and you reopen from the main screen, you start over. But if you double-click and re-open the app from that list, the chart is still there. You have not lost the chart. This may or may not be helpful in emergency situations (live gigs) but is better than nothing.