Refresh My Scores not immediately visible

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager iPad App
Post Reply
spinality
iGigBook User
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Refresh My Scores not immediately visible

Post by spinality » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 am

This is probably already known, but just in case there’s some issue at my end: Whenever I refresh My Scores, I must first switch views (e.g. to the Book List) and then return to My Scores to see everything fully updated. In particular, when I replace a file with another of the same name, after a refresh I see two entries for the name, only one of which works. The extra one goes away once I switch away from and back to My Scores. I’m guessing this might have to do with internal names generated when I import files from Dropbox.

It’s not a problem since I know to do this, but a new user might be confused. Anyway I thought I’d mention it.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2392
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Refresh My Scores not immediately visible

Post by Phil Smith » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am

What mechanism are you using to replace the file?
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

spinality
iGigBook User
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Refresh My Scores not immediately visible

Post by spinality » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm

Phil Smith wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am
What mechanism are you using to replace the file?
I see this after saving a replacement file to my DropBox, then using the DropBox function Export->Open in->iGigBook. The file immediately opens in iGigbook and all is well. However when I look at My Scores, there is often a duplicate entry under that name. Using Refresh does not make it disappear immediately, but after leaving My Scores and returning to it the duplicate is gone.

I believe I have also seen similar situations when transferring files using iTunes. I normally use iTunes for managing iGigBook content, but in some circumstances I use DropBox instead. Again, the issue appears when replacing a file with the same name, as opposed to importing a new name.

If this isn't easily reproduced on your end I will try to come up with a repeatable simple example.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest