Bach suites?

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager iPad App
bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:10 pm

I just downloaded iGigBook today. Heck of a learning curve, but I think I'm figuring it out. I do have two questions, though:

1.) Why is the app crashing each time I import a PDF? I mean it's like clockwork. Sometimes just looking at the app and it crashes. Hoping this doesn't happen on my gig. I did try closing all other apps, but it's still happening.

2.) I did not receive the Bach suites file with the app, and I would actually like to include it. Is there a place I can re-download the file?

For reference, I'm running this on an Insignia tablet with Android 7.0.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2455
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 pm

bopeuph wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:10 pm
I just downloaded iGigBook today. Heck of a learning curve, but I think I'm figuring it out. I do have two questions, though:

1.) Why is the app crashing each time I import a PDF? I mean it's like clockwork. Sometimes just looking at the app and it crashes. Hoping this doesn't happen on my gig. I did try closing all other apps, but it's still happening.

2.) I did not receive the Bach suites file with the app, and I would actually like to include it. Is there a place I can re-download the file?

For reference, I'm running this on an Insignia tablet with Android 7.0.
Your problem probably has everything to do with you not agreeing to allow iGigBook to have access to the File System.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:58 pm

While I was positive I gave the app permissions, I went and double checked. iGigBook definitely has access to storage.

bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Also, I found the Bach suites in the iGigBook folder, and tried to link it manually, and the file just disappeared. Perhaps it was corrupt?

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2455
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Can you email(select tool icon from book list view to get email address) us a dropbox or google drive link that does not require a login containing 1 of the PDF files you are having an issue with?
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm

I forgot to mention that the files ARE importing; I just have to import, let the crash happen, and the file will be in my scores when I reopen the app. Funny enough, they will not be in that list until the crash DOES happen.

bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Also, the Bach suites is in my folder, and is only 24 bytes. I'm positive the download didn't work properly for it. If the two issues are related, then perhaps the app didn't download properly.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2455
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:43 pm

bopeuph wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm
I forgot to mention that the files ARE importing; I just have to import, let the crash happen, and the file will be in my scores when I reopen the app. Funny enough, they will not be in that list until the crash DOES happen.
What import method are you using and from what storage provider?
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2455
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:44 pm

bopeuph wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Also, the Bach suites is in my folder, and is only 24 bytes. I'm positive the download didn't work properly for it. If the two issues are related, then perhaps the app didn't download properly.
Try deleting just that PDF and leave everything else in the iGigBook folder intact, then uninstall and reinstall iGigBook which should copy the Bach Cello Suites on installation.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

bopeuph
iGigBook User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Bach suites?

Post by bopeuph » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am

I'll give it a whirl, thanks.

As for import, the fake books have been on my tablet for months now, so they're in the internal storage. I just go to "my scores" and tap the import icon and browse to the folder the fake books are in. Once I tap that, the "my scores" page pops back up, without the new file there, then the app crashes, then the file is waiting for me when I restart the app.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests