This tutorial is designed for the first time user of the app, if you have used the content manager at my.igigbook.com to deactivate the index "Sample Book, you will not be able to follow the steps in this tutorial. It is also recommended that you sync once with the iGigBook server prior to attempting to follow this tutorial.
- Navigate to the Book List view by selecting the first tab at the bottom left of the screen titled "Book List".
(If you do not see 6 tabs at the bottom of the screen, it means you have selected one of these tabs, keep selecting the button at the top left until you see the 6 tabs at the bottom)
- Locate the item titled "Sample Book", you may need to scroll the list of Book List entries to find it.
- Select the item titled "Sample Book" by tapping it to reveal the songs titles contained within it. Notice how the composer names at the right of the song title are grayed out, this means a PDF is not linked to this index.
- Select one of the song titles by tapping it. Since a PDF is not linked to this index, you will receive a pop up message. Take some time to study the information in this message. The top line of this message is very important, it indicates the exact name a PDF needs to have in order to link it to this index. In this case it is "samplebk.pdf", the top line of the message says "samplebk.pdf Missing".
- Make a note of the name of the missing PDF, write it down because you will need it later on. THE NAME IS ALWAYS LOWER CASE. Press cancel to dismiss this message.
- Select the button at the top left "< Book List", to return to the Book List View.
- Select the second tab at the bottom left titled "My Scores"
- Locate the PDF named "sample.pdf" by scrolling, by selecting the letter "s" at the far right or by typing in the name "sample.pdf" in the search box.
- Press and hold "sample.pdf", until a menu pops up titled "sample.pdf - Select File Action", select the Rename button and enter the name of the PDF that you wrote down earlier in step 5 and press "Rename" See note below about the "Link To Index" button.
- Select the first tab at the bottom left of the screen titled "Book List".
- Locate the item titled "Sample Book" and select it to reveal the list of songs. Notice how the composer names at the right of the song title are not grayed out, this means that a PDF is linked to this index. If the composer names are still grayed out, it means you have named the PDF incorrectly.
- Select one of the songs to view it.
Congratulations! You have successfully linked a PDF to an iGigBook index.
The dialog displayed in step 9 provides a button titled "Link To Index", when you select this button you are presented with a list of iGigBook indexes that are not linked to a PDF. Locate the item titled "Sample Book" and select it. A confirmation dialog will appear, select yes to link sample.pdf to the index "Sample Book".