What follows are some pointers that may be helpful to you in the future.
- Back Up, Back Up, BACK UP! We can't stress enough the importance of backing up. It's cheap insurance and this link from Apple shows you how to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
- If you have a gig pending hours from now and you rely on iGigBook for that gig, DON'T UPDATE!
- If you're in between sets on a gig, DON'T UPDATE!
- If you do update, sync first using the sync icon located at the top of the Book List View, then completely exit out of the application and perform the update.
- If you rely on iGigBook, always have a recent backup of your iGigBook documents folder so that in the event that you need to uninstall and reinstall you can save yourself some time by already having the data backed up.
- Always check that your device is functioning, charged and ready to go before you get to the gig to minimize surprises.
- Remove any apps running in the background that you're not going to use on the gig.