Add all or selected book entries to setlist

Post and discuss feature requests for iGigBook here
spinality
iGigBook User

Add all or selected book entries to setlist

Post by spinality » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 am

I sometimes need to create a setlist mostly or exclusively drawing from a band- or genre-specific book. Sometimes all or many of a single book’s entries will be used. For example, I have a book with 75 tunes that one band uses for all its jobs. Every setlist uses some subset of these.

For these situations, I’d love an easy way to populate a set list with all the index entries or bookmarks present in a book, and then use the set list manager to remove the ones I don’t want. Today, the alternative is to search for each desired title by name, or to open each title successively from the index and then add them; but I sometimes skip one, or grab the wrong one. This capability would also streamline the selection and sorting process. Instead of deciding the set list contents in advance, I could build it organically, as I push the entries around and decide what to cut.

(Another simpler approach for populating the list might be: let the set list manager retrieve entire books as well as individual songs — selecting a book would retrieve all the index entries from that book, as search results. Once listed there, the existing tools would let us add all or some to the set list from the selection pane.)

Naturally, if there’s already a way to do something similar that I’ve overlooked, I’ll be delighted.

I realize that the existing tools do a great job at assembling set lists title-by-title. But when I want all or most of a book’s content, a shortcut would be welcome.

Thanks if you can consider this.

spinality
iGigBook User

Re: Add all or selected book entries to setlist

Post by spinality » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:49 am

I just discovered that this capability exists! I don’t know whether you just added it or if it’s been there all along. Thanks either way, either for responding to the request or for anticipating it in the first place. I’ve already started using it and it’s literally saved me hours of work.