Cruise Ship Gigs

Share your gig experiences using iGigBook
papaslides

Cruise Ship Gigs

Post by papaslides » Sun May 15, 2011 12:50 pm

I am a cruise ship musician and so am constantly faced with the challenge of trying to pack my entire life into a single suitcase under 50lbs and a backpack, and living off that for 6 months at a time. I have always had to bring a real book with me to every ship as well as a host of method books and texts (lots of free time so I like to keep myself busy). Before I was traveling with 15lbs o books that took up space equivalent to 2 shoe boxes... now all of that has been reduced to just my iPad. iGigBook's ability to index the .pdf's floating around has been incredibly invaluable for me as often times people decide to call tunes not in the book I have brought with me... I just search and bam I'm ready to play.

irmler88

Re: Cruise Ship Gigs

Post by irmler88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi there, I am a UK based muso and this Gigbook will do for me, just what it has done for you. Wonderful ! Thing is, I only found out about this a couple of days ago and have not yet bought an ipad or the app. I have hundreds of my own sheets, (words, stuff written in different keys for vocal purposes). I suppose it is easy to put in your own stuff, (apart from the 50 or so fakebooks that we all use)
Thanks.