iPad Pro Indexing

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager App for iPad and Android Tablets
Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm

This is probably the wrong place for this question but how to I get all of the lead sheets (PDFs) that are in iGigBook into iGigBook Mobile. I used to just copy from iGigBook to iGigBook Mobile but that doesn't work any longer with Catalina. I can sometimes copy one song at a time but not sync the two libraries or lists.

:-(

I need to have my backing tracking and lead sheets match on iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile. I use these programs exclusively for keeping my music organized.

All the best,
RS

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Stuberg wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm
This is probably the wrong place for this question but how to I get all of the lead sheets (PDFs) that are in iGigBook into iGigBook Mobile. I used to just copy from iGigBook to iGigBook Mobile but that doesn't work any longer with Catalina. I can sometimes copy one song at a time but not sync the two libraries or lists.

:-(

I need to have my backing tracking and lead sheets match on iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile. I use these programs exclusively for keeping my music organized.

All the best,
RS
This has already been answered in this thread.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 pm

If I do this ...

* * * * *
How To Transfer iGigBook To A New iOS Device
Post by SiteAdmin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Follow these steps EXACTLY when transferring iGigBook data from one device to another:
On the new device, install iGigBook. No apps should be running in the background. Double tap the home key and swipe all apps up.
Using iTunes file sharing (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1640), copy the contents of the iGigBook documents folder on the old device to a folder on your computer.
Using iTunes file sharing, copy the contents of the folder from 2. to the iGigBook documents folder on the new device.
Launch iGigBook on the new device, log in, sync.
* * * * *

Will my iGigBook and iGigBook files stay in sync?

The trouble I am having is that I used to be able to copy all of the files from iGigBook to iGigBook Mobile but Apple made it so you can only copy one file at a time which is crazy. You can't select all of the files in iGigBook and copy them into iGigBook Mobile. I tried what you outline above and it didn't work. I'll try it again. Sorry for the hassle.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Again this was all working but something changed with Catalina. The thread you referenced talks about iTunes but iTunes doesn't exist any longer. It's now called MUSIC. And the syncing is different.

Again, my apologies as I'm an old fart trying to figure out computer stuff. I know that's not the best combination for one of your customers but I really appreciate your patience.

Again, I want the easiest way to keep iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile in perfect sync on my iPhone and iPad using an iMac running Catalina ... 10.15.1.

RS

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:34 pm

The apps aren't designed to work or sync together because it isn't something that musicians usually do.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

jhoadley
iGigBook User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by jhoadley » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 pm

How do you link the PDF to "the index?"

I read How To Create Your Own Book Index For Your Custom Book. I added 3 or 4 songs on my.igigbook.com and synchronized them to my iPad, went to the book and I see them.

So I have to enter the title, composer and page number for all 450+ pages by hand?

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:53 pm

I would really love the exact files on my iPhone and my iPad. That used to be easy to do before Catalina. Simple drag and drop from one to the other. I've noticed that Catalina messed up (and changed) some other stuff with iTunes when it converted things to what is now just called MUSIC.

I should have waited to upgrade to Catalina. Always pay a price on the cutting (bleeding) edge.

:-(

I'm wondering if any other users use both iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile with Catalina and are able to sync the files. I wouldn't even mind copying them from one to the other but that doesn't seem to work any longer.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Phil,

I apologize that this question is probably out of place on the site.

I want to purchase ...

The Ultimate Pop/Rock Fake Book--ulpoprock

But I don't seem to be able to find anyone who sells a digital version? Where can I get it?

Also, I'm trying to buy some additional books but I'm having trouble finding digital copies. I've got the Sher Music Real Books and The Digital Standards book but I'm having trouble finding a lot of the other ones in digital format. Any recommendations?

RS

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:09 pm

jhoadley wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 pm
How do you link the PDF to "the index?"

I read How To Create Your Own Book Index For Your Custom Book. I added 3 or 4 songs on my.igigbook.com and synchronized them to my iPad, went to the book and I see them.

So I have to enter the title, composer and page number for all 450+ pages by hand?
Index Linking 101

Yes, when we create an index this is what we do.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Stuberg wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:53 pm
I would really love the exact files on my iPhone and my iPad. That used to be easy to do before Catalina. Simple drag and drop from one to the other. I've noticed that Catalina messed up (and changed) some other stuff with iTunes when it converted things to what is now just called MUSIC.

I should have waited to upgrade to Catalina. Always pay a price on the cutting (bleeding) edge.

:-(

I'm wondering if any other users use both iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile with Catalina and are able to sync the files. I wouldn't even mind copying them from one to the other but that doesn't seem to work any longer.
The link to the How To that describes how to transfer iGigBook to a new device doesn't saying anything about syncing on the Mac. All you need to do is connect your device to your computer and follow the steps in the How To: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1802
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Locked