Hoping for macOS "Apple Silicon" support

Post and discuss feature requests for iGigBook here
reggoboy
iGigBook User

Hoping for macOS "Apple Silicon" support

Post by reggoboy »

Hello Phil,

I'm not sure what you have planned, but as I was navigating through my dev portal today, I was reminded that I wanted to ask you about this...

The default in Big Sur will be for iPad apps to "just work" on Macs with Apple Silicon, unless you explicitly disable that feature. That feature would be a huge help to me, partly because I create and modify a lot of scores use Muse Score notation software, which only runs on my Mac. But then iGigBook only runs on my iPad. So I constantly have to have both devices in front of me whenever I'm making changes. It would be much more convenient to be able to do all my "management" (editing, importing, etc) functions in one place.

Hope you'll consider that.
iOS Apps and iPadOS Apps on Mac

In a future release of macOS Big Sur, all compatible iPhone and iPad apps on the App Store will be available on the Mac App Store on Apple Silicon Macs. If you prefer not to have your app published on the Mac App Store, you'll be able to manage its availability in App Store Connect. Compatibility with macOS is determined by Apple. If you do not have appropriate rights for your app to operate on macOS, you agree to manage its availability in App Store Connect.
All of your compatible iOS apps will automatically be made available on the Mac, or you can select individual apps below. If you click "Don't Make Available," none of your existing apps will be made available on Mac.