another registering problem

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager App for iPad and Android Tablets
Locked
JazzNote
iGigBook User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 am
Location: Switzerland

another registering problem

Post by JazzNote » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Phil,
Today i tried to help a friend setting up his igigbook, but we came across a problem which we couldn't solve.

After filling in the required data (User Name, Email Address, Password, Re-Enter Password (see photo of the iPad screen below) the register button would not respond. What did we do wrong?

Is it right to suppose that the User Name/Email Address and Password fields on top are for already registered users only? Or did we miss something there?

Thanks, JazzNote

PS: we did try the lost password function to check if he's registered already
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG (78.2 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: another registering problem

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm

You can't log in if you haven't registered because there would be no record of the email address since no registration occurred. This means there's only one other thing that you can do: Fill out the registration portion of the screen and select the REGISTER button.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

JazzNote
iGigBook User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: another registering problem

Post by JazzNote » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Phil Smith wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm
You can't log in if you haven't registered because there would be no record of the email address since no registration occurred. This means there's only one other thing that you can do: Fill out the registration portion of the screen and select the REGISTER button.
that's what i initially concluded too, but: do you have any idea why the REGISTER button doesn't work after filling in the registration portion of the screen?
Thanks,
JazzNote

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: another registering problem

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

JazzNote wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:17 pm
Phil Smith wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm
You can't log in if you haven't registered because there would be no record of the email address since no registration occurred. This means there's only one other thing that you can do: Fill out the registration portion of the screen and select the REGISTER button.
that's what i initially concluded too, but: do you have any idea why the REGISTER button doesn't work after filling in the registration portion of the screen?
Thanks,
JazzNote
Usually when you fill in the user name, email and password twice and the registration button doesn't do anything it usually means there's something wrong with the input and an error message appears. ff you're not connected to the internet you can't register.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

JazzNote
iGigBook User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: another registering problem

Post by JazzNote » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Phil Smith wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm
Usually when you fill in the user name, email and password twice and the registration button doesn't do anything it usually means there's something wrong with the input and an error message appears. ff you're not connected to the internet you can't register.
hmmmm, no error message disappeared and we were connected to the internet.......

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: another registering problem

Post by Phil Smith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 pm

There's nothing wrong with the registration system, it's working fine as users today have successfully registered and you can only register via the app.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

JazzNote
iGigBook User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: another registering problem

Post by JazzNote » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:59 am

Phil Smith wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 pm
There's nothing wrong with the registration system, it's working fine as users today have successfully registered and you can only register via the app.
I just received notice from my friend that finally he succeeded to register.

The malfunction seems to have been a matter of letter use. His name contains a letter ü which can be also spelt ue. It seems that the system does not accept the ü and does not show a error message for this. Changing to the ue spelling helped. I don't know if this is app or ios related.

Locked