iPad Pro Indexing

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager App for iPad and Android Tablets
Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:47 pm

OUTSTANDING ...

"The New Real Book Bb (Digital Edition) is now linked with nrealbk1db.pdf.

The lead sheets all have a "Bb" after the title. All of the songs seem to match up perfectly.

Bravo!

"The Digital Standards Songbook is now linked with dssongbook.pdf. Again, all of the songs seem to match up perfectly.

However, the lead sheets do not have the "Bb" after the title like the above book.

Is that correct? Can that be changed with a lot of work or would I have to somehow reindex the book myself?

RS

P.S. I am now able to buy the drawing feature after getting logged in correctly. Again, great program Phil. That you for creating it and keep it going. I know there are a lot of other users out there that feel the same way. I was at a gig just last night and recommended it to a bunch of people. I hope your following keeps growing.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Stuberg wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:47 pm
OUTSTANDING ...

"The New Real Book Bb (Digital Edition) is now linked with nrealbk1db.pdf.

The lead sheets all have a "Bb" after the title. All of the songs seem to match up perfectly.

Bravo!

"The Digital Standards Songbook is now linked with dssongbook.pdf. Again, all of the songs seem to match up perfectly.

However, the lead sheets do not have the "Bb" after the title like the above book.

Is that correct? Can that be changed with a lot of work or would I have to somehow reindex the book myself?

RS

P.S. I am now able to buy the drawing feature after getting logged in correctly. Again, great program Phil. That you for creating it and keep it going. I know there are a lot of other users out there that feel the same way. I was at a gig just last night and recommended it to a bunch of people. I hope your following keeps growing.
If the "Digital Standards Songbook" has a Bb version and it works with the C index then you're all set.

How To Use a Single Index For Bb, C, Eb and Bass Books
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:57 pm

I'm all set.

Thanks again Phil!

My life stops when my iGigBook stops so that was a close one when my iPad blew up.

:-)

And the new drawing feature is incredible. Already started using it. Nice job!

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Stuberg wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:57 pm
I'm all set.

Thanks again Phil!

My life stops when my iGigBook stops so that was a close one when my iPad blew up.

:-)

And the new drawing feature is incredible. Already started using it. Nice job!
Thanks for the kind words!
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm

You are more than welcome. You've earn some praise for creating such a great product. It truly is the center piece of my musical world.

I do have one more question.

What is the best way to keep iGigBook and iGigBook Mobile in sync in terms of all of the files?

I used to just copy the files from iGigBook to iGigBook Mobile from time to time but Mac Catalina doesn't let me do that any longer. Or at least, you can only do it one file at a time which makes no sense. I have 100's of them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RS

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 pm

You can follow this How To: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1802
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Stuberg
iGigBook User
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Stuberg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 am

Just noticed these Fake Books with a bunch of numbers in front of them?

Is that correct? See attached Untitled.png.

The Digital Standards book already has another dssongbook.pdf file. Why the duplicate with the numbers in front? Something stupid I did?

RS
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (172.2 KiB) Viewed 83 times

jhoadley
iGigBook User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by jhoadley » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm

I am part way there.

I have 2 jazz song book PDFs that are not already in their list.
I transferred the PDFs from my Mac to my iPad using iTunes.
I followed instructions on how to add them (index name must match filename) using their web site.
They now appear In the Book List - yay.

Now I want to make them searchable. How?

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:56 pm

jhoadley wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm
I am part way there.

I have 2 jazz song book PDFs that are not already in their list.
I transferred the PDFs from my Mac to my iPad using iTunes.
I followed instructions on how to add them (index name must match filename) using their web site.
They now appear In the Book List - yay.

Now I want to make them searchable. How?
They are already searchable...The index is what you search and when a PDF is linked to the index and you select a song title you will see the page from the PDF you have linked to the index.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2673
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Per Phil Smith - iPad Pro Indexing

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Stuberg wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 am
Just noticed these Fake Books with a bunch of numbers in front of them?

Is that correct? See attached Untitled.png.

The Digital Standards book already has another dssongbook.pdf file. Why the duplicate with the numbers in front? Something stupid I did?

RS
The numbers are the date the PDF was replaced with another of the same name.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Locked