Downloading a PDF

iGigBook Sheet Music Manager App for iPad and Android Tablets
Post Reply
BobG56
iGigBook User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 am

Downloading a PDF

Post by BobG56 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

I am using this help post, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5, for instructions on downloading a PDF. But the dialog I am seeing is not what is shown in the instructions. I've tried to attach a screenshot but I've now made three attempts to reduce the file size to something acceptable to the attachments dialog here but it's still too large. I'll try to describe it. The title at the top is "iCloud Drive" , Select and Cancel in the upper right corner, then a search box, then a folder icon saying Downloads. I hope that is sufficient.

Thanks, Bob

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Downloading a PDF

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

BobG56 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm
I am using this help post, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5, for instructions on downloading a PDF. But the dialog I am seeing is not what is shown in the instructions. I've tried to attach a screenshot but I've now made three attempts to reduce the file size to something acceptable to the attachments dialog here but it's still too large. I'll try to describe it. The title at the top is "iCloud Drive" , Select and Cancel in the upper right corner, then a search box, then a folder icon saying Downloads. I hope that is sufficient.

Thanks, Bob
All of the download dialogs are dialogs that Apple has native to iOS. We haven't created them and they may be different depending on what version of iOS you are using. If your attachment is too big, tap the heart icon at the top of the Book List view or the My Scores view if you want to provide a screen capture of what you're seeing.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

BobG56
iGigBook User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 am

Re: Downloading a PDF

Post by BobG56 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks for responding Phil. I don't care that the dialog looks different, but the one shown in the help post has "Locations" in the upper left corner which allows you to select iCloud etc.. I would like to do a download from OneDrive. I just have no idea how to do that with the dialog I am seeing on my iPad.

Thanks, Bob

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Downloading a PDF

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 pm

BobG56 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:45 pm
Thanks for responding Phil. I don't care that the dialog looks different, but the one shown in the help post has "Locations" in the upper left corner which allows you to select iCloud etc.. I would like to do a download from OneDrive. I just have no idea how to do that with the dialog I am seeing on my iPad.

Thanks, Bob
To use OneDrive, you, at a bare minimum need the OneDrive app on your device. I can't really help you further if I don't know exactly what you're looking at.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

BobG56
iGigBook User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 am

Re: Downloading a PDF

Post by BobG56 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:08 pm

I would like to download GreatGigBook from my OneDrive to the iPad:
onedrive GreatGigBook.png
onedrive GreatGigBook.png (126.33 KiB) Viewed 72 times

Thanks, Bob

User avatar
Phil Smith
iGigBook Specialist
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Downloading a PDF

Post by Phil Smith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 pm

BobG56 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:08 pm
I would like to download GreatGigBook from my OneDrive to the iPad:

onedrive GreatGigBook.png


Thanks, Bob
Open the OneDrive app on your device, select the file and open in iGigBook.
Are you happy with iGigBook?
Tell the world about it by leaving a rating or a review in the App or Google Play Store.
Got Questions? Click Here For The How To Section
iGigBook: The Go-To Gig Tool.

Post Reply